LNER Silver Jubilee & Coronation articulated stock numbers

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

LawrenceNL
NER Y7 0-4-0T

LNER Silver Jubilee & Coronation articulated stock numbers

Post by LawrenceNL »

Hi all,

I have been researching the articulated coaching stock used on the Silver Jubilee and Coronation trains before WW2, but the one thing I can not seem to find, at least online, is what numbers they actually used. There are snippets of info that I found, but no definitive lists. I have been looking into the books written on LNER coaches, but they are impossible to get access to from my country unfortunately (for a reasonable price at least). Is there any way of figuring this out without those written sources (perhaps someone here has the info I'm looking for :shock: ). Thanks in advance!
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: LNER Silver Jubilee & Coronation articulated stock numbers

Post by Hatfield Shed »

One Silver Jubilee set, initially of seven vehicle bodies articulated 2-3-2, modified to eight bodies articulated 2-3-3.

Four 'Coronation' sets, all of 8 vehicle bodies, articulated 2-2-2-2:
Two sets on the Coronation service, with the addition to each of an observation car during summer schedule operation,
One set on the 'West Riding Limited' service,
One set kept available as spare.

Is this the information required?

There were further LNER articulated carriage sets: the Quad and Quin articulated sets for high density suburban services; and the 'Tourist stock' probably best known.
LawrenceNL
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by LawrenceNL »

I am looking for the actual running numbers on the coaches themselves. For example, I know that the Coronation BTO-TO twins had numbers in the 17xx range, and the FO-FO's in the 111xx range, but what the actual numbers of these Coronation coaches were I can not seem to find. For the Silver Jubilee sets I can't find any info at all. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, that's why I came here :)
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

Coronation, West Riding and Spare sets: https://www.rmweb.co.uk/forums/topic/17 ... nt=5483818
LawrenceNL
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by LawrenceNL »

Thanks, that is exactly the info I was looking for! :D