Micks 4mm LNER Models

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

S.A.C. Martin

Re: LNER Models

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

Looking really good there Mick, I do like that technique for "teaking".
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Dia 27a completed and with its sister Hornby conversions
3.jpg
5.jpg
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

A start on my Bachmann A2 to A2/2 Wolf of Badenoch using a Hornby A4 Cab area and tender and Graemes front end resin parts.
Cab cut into the A2 boiler and metal removed from the A2 chassis to allow it to fit. I have removed the washout plugs and mudholes as they appear much to big and or wrong shape.
The Wolf needs three mudholes on both sides and the washout plugs are in a slightly different position as well.
Reversing cover removed and smoothed flat. Cab to be blended into the boiler next. I decided to do the cab area first before anything mechanical to ensure all is flat and square on the original body mountings.
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 60800 »

I hope that cab is a random spare. Please don't tell me it's from a ltd edition Silver Fox, Quicksilver or Silver Link :cry:
36C - Based out of 50H and 36F
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Fear not Blackout, Mick has ways of getting these things. Are you visting Caistor show this weekend?

Mick: Looking good as I said in the other place. Does one corner of the cab roof need a remedial tweak upwards?
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Its a scrap Silver Fox body obtained from one guess :lol: . Not worth saving for anything else I assure you :D

The A2 is from the same source and was much cheaper than the retail price. :wink: as was the A4 tender picked up from yes ?? E Bay

I think a lot of things will need tweaking before this one is finished , its probably the camera angle but I will check :P
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 60800 »

Atlantic 3279, I'd not heard about the Caistor show till now. Is it a model railway show or just a general one? Regardless, I fear I might not be going, decent laptops and printers don't come cheap y'know :(

Mick B, when you say a scrap silver fox body with the indicated cab roof dent, my guess is it fell off a viaduct or layout and shattered. The only engine I've ever had fall off my layout is my Hogwarts Castle, and to be quite frank I didn't give a ####. It still works, is not too badly scarred and is a GWR heap of junk, so who cares? :roll:
Last edited by 60800 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 60800 »

I would have been dissappointed if it was called Olton Hall, and actually it fell off twice :twisted: Never appreciated that Hogwarts nameplate, or the headboard :evil:
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Annual Model Railway show Blackout - thought you'd know as you live in N Lincs
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

Ay up!

GWR - Green, Wet and Rusty!

Mick, that A2 looks seriously good. I reckon Atlantic's got himself some competition here! :mrgreen:
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

New front end added. Nothing screwed down or tweaked
3.jpg
4.jpg
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

Looking good Mick, I'm watching with great interest. :)
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

It's encouraging to see that the parts are going together for you Mick. I knew that true proof of the suitability of my resin parts would only come when others made a success of their use too.

mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

No real problems quite a bit of filing though :lol: .
Only part to need any slight work was the steam pipes both falling short a layer of shaped plastikard soon took up the gap.
Valve gear approaching which should be fun :roll: :lol: :evil:
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

Ay up!

Well, my GN would never have appeared, at least not in the form it did, without your bits, Graeme!
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!