Micks 4mm LNER Models

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: LNER Models

Post by mick b »

I use the the type with the bar designed to simply fit to the original fitting used on Mainline wagons the 2 pin and small centre screw type fixing pre NEM .

Bachmann 36-026 Mk2 Couplings Mini Type Long

Hopefully that makes sense. Kirk Bogies have the correct fitting bracket on the moulding.

I will do a picture later.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Luckily I am converting a couple at the moment which had lost the original mounting point. Simply use Evergreen micro strip of correct size. Superglue the coupling to the strip and then a mixture of poly cement and Superglue to the bogie. Even easier if you have the original mounting point.
1.jpg
2.jpg
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Hornby Corridor backdated to 1928 version . Qite simple cut off streamling, raise overflow pipes and add extra handrail to top of corridor plating. I have a few to do of these :?
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Attached to Brown Jack
5.jpg
Re the HMRS thread saga this Tender has Fox on one side and HMRS on the other . I cannot see any difference :D
2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by 2002EarlMarischal »

Very nice job on the tender Mick! :D Now the rest of us will feel guilty with our inaccurate streamlined jobbies! :roll:
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

It's amazing how such minor alteration changes the look of the thing. Nicely done Mick, nicely done indeed.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Some Modelzone bargains .

Fitted with Smiths couplings, renumbered and in case of Fruit van totally relettered and all weathered using thinned paint and powders.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
I have another three on the go at the moment
M Gair
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by M Gair »

Hi Mick,

Thanks for the info and photo of the Kirk bogies with couplings, I will get back to you after easter as I have a Model Railway Exhibition to organise over easter. Lost of running around after finishing work today, tomorrow and Thursday.

Nice work on the wagons too.

Mark
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

They're a nice model, those steel opens. I acquired one last year. One comment, though; the door is timber and wouldn't rust. Paul Gallon did a bit of work on one on RMWeb, scribing in the door lines, painting the door a different color and I think he changed the (incorrect) buffers as well for some with the body retaining lug on top. I avoided the need for all the interior work on mine by loading it with a container.

I haven't had my hands on one of the vans yet but they look the part as well. I hope the forthcoming fish van is to the same standard.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

The photos in the original Tatlow show what appears to be unpainted wood. I was aware and forgot !!
It is a shame re the interiors , I think mine can stay as they are !!. I will add some grey shades to the door fronts. :lol:
Lanarkshire Models do the correct buffers at £2 a time, the cost will soon add up especiailly as the opens were only a £5 in the Modelzone sale :D . a real bargain !!

They are excellent wagons/vans and seem to be disapearing quick as most are not listed on the Bachmann site. The vans are even nicer without the interior fault.!

JW
Does Paul Gallon use a psedonym as a member name on RM web as cant find him or any thread on modifying the LNER wagons. I remeber seeing it at the time.

thanks
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

The other two mentioned earlier finished both are relettered BR versions , High Steel version interior updated and one of Helensdale (for a change) with the O4/3 at work
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Mick,

You want 'Worsdell Forever'.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

cheers JW

In case anyone wants a look on a proper job :shock: :lol:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... msearch__1
Bill Bedford
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Bill Bedford »

...and Lanakshire models now do the correct buffers http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com/lanark ... te_062.htm
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

They do and I can recommend both the quality of his castings and his service.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

A update on a Hornby J94 using RT Models add on parts , now ready for paint. I will have to fit the rear steps after paint due to the way the models has been made in sections. Chassis has had new balance weights only.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg