Whose kits are these please?

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Bill Bedford
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: Whose kits are these please?

Post by Bill Bedford »

Simierski wrote:A shame fotopic is officially down, as the link Will provided on the previous page of this thread showed three separate photographs of similar GCR clerestories in the aforementioned carmine livery, hence my choice to specifically paint three of them this way.
Paul Bartlett has his LNER coach photo up at http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/lnercoach, but there are no colour photos of GC coaches.
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

That's strange, I'm pretty sure the ones I was looking at came off there. :? They were definitely colour ones, too.

No matter - real livery or not, they are just being used as background coaches, after all...
Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Kestrel »

Someone is selling blood and custard clerestories.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-OO-gau ... 500wt_1156
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

Ay up!

They'll be repaints. So far as I know, Hornby have not offered their clerestories in Blood and Custard.
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

Yes, they did.

"The Blue Anglian" train set, comprising a Blue liveried B12 and several Carmine/Cream clerestories. How do I know this? My donor vehicles for my clerestory projects came from that very set, as did my now mixed traffic black B12!
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

Ay up!

I sit corrected. After my interest in things Tri-ang, hence my lack of kowledge on this.

Thanks, Simon!
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

No problem. I hasten to add, it was a train set which didn't last long in the catalogue. You can still get the engine and coaches separately on the net from eBay though I've never seen the full boxed set offered for sale.
strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by strang steel »

Please excuse my ignorance, but would any clerestory coaches have survived long enough to be painted in crimson and cream?

Edited to say, maybe I should have read back a bit further before asking this question. :oops: :roll:
John.

My spotting log website is at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/

And my spotters' b&w photo site is at http://spottinglogs.blog
Bill Bedford
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Bill Bedford »

strang steel wrote:Please excuse my ignorance, but would any clerestory coaches have survived long enough to be painted in crimson and cream?
You are assuming that these things were made/sold as anything other than toys.
earlswood nob
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by earlswood nob »

Good morning all
I have just found this thread, and thanks to all who contributed. I have a number of Triang/Hornby short clerestories which I am going to attempt to convert into GCR stock.

I am going to take Atlantic's tip and look for some No25 staples in the Great Wen when I visit later, as none of our local stationers seem to stock the size.

I'm guessing that Fox bogies would be better than the BR examples fitted.

Earlswood nob