LNER Branch Line Operations

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: LNER Branch Line Operations

Post by strang steel »

If one was to be really pedantic, the Bachmann version does not seem to have the tablet catcher recess that the units destined for the M&GN had. If my memory is still working properly, this recess was situated between the driver's door and the first window and was plated over by the early 1960s.
John.

My spotting log website is at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/

And my spotters' b&w photo site is at http://spottinglogs.blog
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

strang steel wrote:If one was to be really pedantic, the Bachmann version does not seem to have the tablet catcher recess ...
Fair point and relevant to any other motive power on the ex-M&GN lines, but not insurmountable.
tommyg1992
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by tommyg1992 »

my model skills to say the least are not that great :L

how ever my granddad is v v v good with his hands and an excellent modeller so i have no worries if it requires kits

and the layout its self after some thinking and sketches while away on holiday has changed

it is now a secondary mainline terminus with a branch line and a medium sized MPD similar in size to Hunstanton

and a small goods yard

I have decided after looking at a few coastal stations in Norfolk to base it along the lines of Hunstanton in station size goods yard size and MPD

but it is a terminal about 20 miles away from the coast with a branch line running down to it

I have looked at St Ives, a website I found while browesing for the basis of the coaching stock and transfered it to LNER/ ER Rolling Stock

The Only thing that is really on my mind at the minute however is the buildings ie the station, the engine shed and facilities such as that

Advice would be much apprecieted on all information posted in this responce

Thanks Tom
Dman-lewis
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by Dman-lewis »

Mundesley station was quite big. Wells might be a good one or even yarmouth and lowestoft.

If you cant get a good airel image try this : http://www.historic-maps.norfolk.gov.uk ... .asp?PID=0
The two drop down menu's change the maps.
Bill Bedford
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Bill Bedford »

65447 wrote: Because a strong possibility would be a Push-Pull or Motor Train set, as per the South Lynn-King's Lynn service, but that would require an N7 which is not available in 4mm scale although the ex-Ian Kirk kits could supply the carriages. A combined ex-GE and ex-LNER pair of carriages is also possible, as the earlier Motor Trains, but these were generally coupled to an F5, which is also not available in 4mm scale.
N7 is available from Southeastern Finecast
F5, and F6 are likely to be available from Gibson in the near future.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

Bill Bedford wrote:N7 is available from Southeastern Finecast. F5, and F6 are likely to be available from Gibson in the near future.
Of course the N7 is, I built one of the original Wills kits that sat on a Triang chassis nearly 50 years ago. I had my mainly 7mm head on thinking Jim McGeown had withdrawn his 4mm 'aids to construction' that included the N7 and his 7mm N7/3 kit. I'd also stopped checking up on the chaps who are now Alan Gibson due to the continued failure to re-introduce the 7mm T26/E4 kit - you've just provided the confirmation that they are concentrating on the 4mm scale kits.
tommyg1992
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by tommyg1992 »

trouble is i only have a space 4ft wide and 9ft long for the acctual model :/