LNER Tender drawings

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

rspoors
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

LNER Tender drawings

Post by rspoors »

Good morning, through this forum I have been helped in my research into the LNER 4200 GST. Thank you. One thing that has eluded me here and elsewhere, such as at the NRM Search Engine, is any drawing of the original GST. Design commenced at Darlington in 1923. A total of 123 were built there for classes K3, J38 and D49. In 1929 they were redesigned with straight sides, leaving the original tenders very conspicuous by their flared tank tops.
Do readers have any suggestions as to where else I should search in the hope of finding a drawing?
Kind regards
Richard
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: LNER Tender drawings

Post by jwealleans »

If it's a Darlington drawing it might be worth contacting NERA and their archive? I'm not sure how accessible it is at the moment with all the work going on at Head of Steam, though.

Dave on this forum is your other best contact.
rspoors
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by rspoors »

Thanks. Will do.
Richard
rspoors
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by rspoors »

Just an update on my search. NERA (Gateshead Works drawings) have nothing, neither do the NRM nor the HMRS archive at Butterley. So I'm left to work on photographs and the NER 4125 tender of 1914, from which it is reported that the Darlington drawing office drew their design ideas in 1923 for the GST.
Cheers
Richard