Wood Green Tunnel sidings.

This forum is for the discussion of the infrastructure of the LNER and its constituent companies. Topics include signalling, signal boxes, track layout, bridges, stations, etc.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

S&T
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Re: Wood Green Tunnel sidings.

Post by S&T »

I believe the 'Khyber Pass' can bee seen on the track layout diagram (attached).
S&T
Attachments
Wood Green North 1.jpg
/\\\ /\\/
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Wonderful plan S&T. Thank you.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Has anyone got any idea what the 'Rowntrees' sidings were used for 'Before' Rowentrees warehouse opened. I'm thinking they may have been used as a drop off sidings for wagons for Wood Green, IE, coal, sand, General stuff. Before Rowentrees warehouse, the area was only 'Allotments'. Thanks for any help.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
Mickey
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Mickey »

S&T wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:13 pm I believe the 'Khyber Pass' can bee seen on the track layout diagram (attached).
The route of the 'Khyber Pass' on the Down side of the running lines beyond Wood Green could still be seen from passing trains during the late 1960s and into the early 1970s except that the track had been lifted throughout but the ballast still remained through the 'Khyber Pass' from a faded memory.
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.
billbedford
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by billbedford »

john coffin wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:38 am Well Dave, having studied the photo before for a long time, I am pretty sure it is in fact an Empty Carriage Working.
Except for the bogie OCT with a tarpaulin over its load?
Bill Bedford
Mousa Models
http://www.mousa-models.co.uk