P2 update

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: P2 update

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

As Hattons are now saying (on or after) 5th September for the Railroad version too, that may mean that if I get mine on the very day (unlikely) I'll be able to give it to my lovely wife as a wedding anniversay gift. She'll be SO pleased. I can imagine her grateful reaction already......

If Hornby can just stumble, dilly-dally and offer feeble excuses for another month so as to put delivery into October, I believe we can then claim that delivery is a whole year late compared to original pie-in-the-sky forecast of "fourth quarter" 2013.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Dare I now try to stir up fresh interest in this matter by suggesting we run some sort of opinion poll to discover how many believe that Hornby will now manage to stick to the last-announced early September delivery date?
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

Put me down as a negative. I don't put any stock in Hornby's forecasts anymore across the range.

I was in Monk Bar models in York this week and asked the chap behind the counter what he made of it all - knowing smile, "hope the quality is up to scratch and that they sort them before they send them". Says it all really.
drmditch

Post by drmditch »

This may be a silly question, but does anybody know whether there may be any available for those who haven't pre-ordered?

That is assuming I have a railway to run it on.
I'm glad there is a photographic record of some of it. The railway room looks very sad at the moment!
Tom F
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Tom F »

I honestly think at the earliest, we are looking at Warley, but in all fairness I think it could easily be December or into next year! I'm beyond caring now to be frank. When it arrives it arrives.
Tom Foster
Modelling the North Eastern Area of the LNER - 1935-1939
Manxman1831
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Manxman1831 »

I'm expecting 2001 to turn up with the next blue moon. I could always ask H.A.L. but he's going on about daisies...
Brian

Anything weird or unusual will catch my interest, be it an express or locomotive

I'm also drawn to the commemorative, let's hope Bachmann will produce 6165 Valour.
Pebbles
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by Pebbles »

As I will not be able to be contacted for a period I asked my local shop whether they would need an advance on my order. From their response I conclude that they are not expecting any new Hornby models with the next couple of months. Hope for all those waiting that I am wrong!
nzpaul
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by nzpaul »

Have they beaten the record for delay on the B17 yet, I think that was about a year and a half from memory, so nothing new going on. Maybe the P2 is a bit more exciting/anticipated so we all feeling it a bit more perhaps. I browsed the equivalent thread on RMweb (I usually avoid it like the plague) and some people have repeated some wonderful rumours as usual, anyone would think Hornby are about to hit the wall, I hope they're wrong.

Cheers
Paul
James Harrison
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by James Harrison »

In all honesty I'm of the opinion that the recently-announced Model Rail 'Marne' and NRM Ivatt Atlantic will appear before the P2. Just a gut feeling.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Fortunately, this topic is still open for discussion here, even if it has been shut down elsewhere because at least one apparently well informed contributor dared to express critical comment of Hornby that was not liked by the "inner circle".

It looks like my wife will now have to suffer the disappointment of not being presented with a P2 model (for me) on our wedding anniversary, 5th September. Hornby, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves!

Tom F
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Tom F »

Atlantic 3279 wrote:Fortunately, this topic is still open for discussion here, even if it has been shut down elsewhere because at least one apparently well informed contributor dared to express critical comment of Hornby that was not liked by the "inner circle".

It looks like my wife will now have to suffer the disappointment of not being presented with a P2 model (for me) on our wedding anniversary, 5th September. Hornby, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves!
I'm sure Jean will be disappointed.....
Tom Foster
Modelling the North Eastern Area of the LNER - 1935-1939
Danby Wiske
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Danby Wiske »

Hornby are in enough trouble without being cited in the divorce courts! :wink:
nzpaul
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by nzpaul »

Ha..rmweb sensorship committee must be pretty out of touch with the modern world if they think they can stop people who want to talk about it from talking about it, best of luck to them. Don't they know about Facebook and twitter etc, not to mention countless forums that they don't control

Cheers
Paul
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Danby Wiske wrote:Hornby are in enough trouble without being cited in the divorce courts! :wink:
Maybe I should try to avoid the divorce courts at all costs, and simply set Mrs King on Hornby. They would soon jump to it!

Saint Johnstoun
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Saint Johnstoun »

I don't rate RM web - I got banned when some cretin criticised my Britannia artwork - I accidentally sent a PM to the wrong person - I took it up with the guy as it was unfounded criticism and then got banned from RM web! Its obvious that the administrators are in Hornby's pockets!