P2 update

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Clock O' the North
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: P2 update

Post by Clock O' the North »

Hello

The P2 will have a flange less rear truck but it will have flanges on all other wheels. The picture on the Hornby page looks like it will be a good model.

Thanks, Lachlan
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Potential cure for Hornby square axle holes. Bachmann C class with square axle holes and brass bearings fitted to axles.

Bottom of page

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... nch/page-4
Tom F
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Tom F »

According to my latest Hattons email....main range version now due after 2nd September.
Tom Foster
Modelling the North Eastern Area of the LNER - 1935-1939
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Predictable but highly unsatisfactory - I've had the same message. Should we believe even that extended delivery date, going by prevailing form at Hornby?

Who was it once said "you can tell when they are lying - their lips move" :?: :roll:
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

Getting to be an all too familiar story the last five years at Hornby PLC. Something is going to give - they're simply not shipping the models they need to in order to make their money. I fear for Hornby at present. We're well over halfway through 2014 and the vast majority of the delayed 2012 range still hasn't made it to the shops let alone the 2013 or mooted 2014 catalogue.
James Harrison
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by James Harrison »

This is getting rather annoying now...

... if it arrives much later than 2nd September I may as well have it put away as a Christmas present.

I wonder if the chaps are Darlington are going to get theirs running before the Hornby model arrives :?:
delticfan
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by delticfan »

You might be right, I saw the assembled frames at Darlington today, very imposing it is huge.
Sniffer
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by Sniffer »

Whilst I agree that it is dissapointing, a certain reality check is required.

If 3 years ago we'd have been waiting for this news how irritated would we have been ?
Waiting for a RTR scale model of one of the most iconic locomotives ever to run on British metals isn't that hard.

All power to Hornby for choosing this particular loco in the 1st place. Just a shame that global economics have got in the way.
Re-open the Leeds Northern northwards !
notascoobie
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by notascoobie »

If you're that incensed, why not build a kit or scratchbuild one? Raging against a manufacturer's inability or unwillingness to provide the goodies you want is a bit childish. If you can't buy what you want, then make your own, pay someone else to make it for you or stop whining.

I know that the hobby is very diverse but "railway modelling" ecompasses making things and not just buying them. It might take a while to get the skills but the rewards of self-built models are worth the effort.

Rant mode to "off."

Have a nice evening.

Vernon

(tin hat on)
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

It's clear it's not as simple as "global economics have got in the way". Some might say Hornby have been the masters of their own demise the last few years and I don't think you'd be wide of the mark. Nevertheless, nobody wants to see them fail and I understand entirely the frustration modellers and collectors alike show when yet another product release is delayed a few more months.

People want to spend money on Hornby's products - that's a good thing - we should encourage that. At the same time, I can't see that Hornby (the model train section anyway) are going to survive if they can't bring out the big hitters to make the almost guaranteed revenue.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

I don't mind waiting for the loco at all, but the number of changes to the forecast delivery date has become ridiculous. Why on earth did't they simply say that they cannot be at all certain of the delivery date but we will be notified when it is available? That would make it clear to those who would like to order a model for a special occasion that reliance on receipt would be extremely unwise. All that the present arrangements achieve are firstly frustration for would-be buyers who don't understand the situation, and secondly a loud advertisement of Hornby's lack of any control in this matter, suggesting incompetence to some of us. It is almost as effective an announcement of a foul-up as one of those moments on a DCC layout when all the trains suddenly stop dead, the sound goes off, and then all the sounds go through a start up sequence again before anything works properly. Flashing orange lights, a siren and a dunce's cap would do little more to attract attention to the failure.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
teaky
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by teaky »

I couldn't agree more Graeme.

Late is one thing and there have been many factors outside Hornby's control but an endless stream of dates just smacks of a project(s) that has lost its way and is in need of someone to get a grip.

Any dates I see at present are viewed as fiction.

Fortunately for me, I still don't have a layout to run my P2 on so that lessens the frustration significantly.

It's a good job we have your projects to keep us entertained.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

I wonder if Hornby have a factory in Gaza, or the Ukraine..................!!!

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

According to Hornby facebook page Railroad version this month and the others next month

p.s dont hold your breath

http://www.hornby.com/news/the-lner-coc ... pproaches/
James Harrison
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by James Harrison »

Certainly looks the part. Hopefully the video is a sign that it'll arrive sooner rather than later?