P2 update

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: P2 update

Post by mick b »

Another one :evil: :evil:

Hattons Email received something wrong with my credit card can't send order (doesent say what is wrong with the card). I contacted them One Hour after the e mail was sent, guess what none left .
I seriously doubt if there is anything wrong with my credit card detail on their system , what I have now realised is they don't have a entry box for the security number on the card , so I do not see how they can process any card payments anyway ?? . Perhaps its their very strange idea of a a game/wind up. What a way to run a business.

Not impressed and will look elsewhere for one even if its dearer.
teaky
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by teaky »

Finally! MRD inform me that mine has been picked. :D

Ordered early January 2013 if anyone is interested.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

'mine has been picked'

Now we know why Hornby locos take so long, ......................we have to wait until the trees are ready to bear fruit, clever these Chinese :mrgreen:

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by 2002EarlMarischal »

mick b wrote:Another one :evil: :evil:

Hattons Email received something wrong with my credit card can't send order (doesent say what is wrong with the card). I contacted them One Hour after the e mail was sent, guess what none left .
I seriously doubt if there is anything wrong with my credit card detail on their system , what I have now realised is they don't have a entry box for the security number on the card , so I do not see how they can process any card payments anyway ?? . Perhaps its their very strange idea of a a game/wind up. What a way to run a business.

Not impressed and will look elsewhere for one even if its dearer.
I am delighted to say that I have stuck the proverbial 2 fingers up to eHattons (not that they will care of course).

I have cancelled my P2, D16, K1, J15 and D11/2 - around £500 worth of business they don't deserve and won't get, and that's just this year!

Whilst I have paid more for a P2 from Waltons, I've actually paid less for the D16, K1 and J15 from Rails. Indeed I'm marginally ahead of the game. :)

I just need to find an alternative competitive source for Luckie Mucklebackit.

In life, I have only had bad experiences related to Liverpool - I should have known better than to use Hattons. (No offence intended to any Liverpudlians on this forum!).
Muzza
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by Muzza »

James Harrison wrote:That well-known Liverpudlian boxshifter has had another delivery come in; I had an email this morning saying my order has been despatched :D

I can't wait.
Me too - it's been quite a wait.

I feel sorry for those who are still waiting..................& waiting.....................
Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Kestrel »

Just been on to a chap at Hatton's first thing this morning and was assured I would get mine 'soon', couldn't say when but 'soon'. I asked how many there were in front of me in the queue and he couldn't answer. He did say I wouldn't be able to get it cheaper anywhere else.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

When Earl Marischal's order number / date first got changed, I remember that he feared he might not retain his place in the queue. Obviously, any assurances from Hattons at the time were worthless. My then thoughts would therefore seem to be correct: Don't open an account with Hattons. If ordering from them, order each item individually using the Guest option instead. Each order then has its own number. My December 2012 order for the posh version of Cock o' the North was not disturbed by my subsequent orders for Railroad versions and for LNER fish vans.

This all shows of course that their system contains a howling error that works against loyal customers.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Au revoir Hattons :lol: :lol:

One on way from Walton Models with the new LNER CCT as well, £10 dearer , but CCT was £2 cheaper than Hattons so I won't lose any sleep over £8 :D :D

I have a preorder for the Bachmann LNER Thompsons they maybe losing that order in a minute too !! :? :?
2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by 2002EarlMarischal »

mick b wrote:Au revoir Hattons :lol: :lol:

One on way from Walton Models with the new LNER CCT as well, £10 dearer , but CCT was £2 cheaper than Hattons so I won't lose any sleep over £8 :D :D

I have a preorder for the Bachmann LNER Thompsons they maybe losing that order in a minute too !! :? :?
Bravo Mick! :lol:

My wife finds it quaintly amusing that I have become so incensed with Hattons!

However, I may be 54 but still get as excited as a schoolboy over new models, especially when they are the quality of the P2, and they represent such an evocative locomotive. :D

If I ever "grow up properly" than it'll be time to put me out to grass!

In the meantime "Long Live All Boys Toys"!
earlswood nob
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by earlswood nob »

Good morning all

2002EM, long may you get excited about a new model. I'm not far off 70 and still get excited about new additions, and now that I've retired I get time to enjoy the excitement.
This morning, I'm eagerly awaiting a new (to me) book, and the postman usually arrives around 11am.
I notice many older people have glum looks on their faces and obviously don't enjoy life very much.
I feel that enjoyment of life keeps one young.

Earlswood nob
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

I'm surprised he hasn't posted this one on here himself, but to cheer you all up from Hattons gloom, here's another P2 being put through its paces. The video also shows the features and layout of Geoff's garden railway quite nicely. If the weather doesn't wreck my summer next year, I must pop over to play with his trains a bit more often.
Of course, he'll now have to build up a proper 1930s Aberdonian coaching set. He can't have that engine hauling LMS stock all of the time......

I can already hear his reply, it ends in "off".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q730N05yikI
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by 45568 »

S.A.C. Martin wrote:I think I was the one who said that, although with some work I have now found you can get the profile to fit (just) over the weight as delivered...

Hi Simon,
Watching and enjoying your Bugatti P2 thread, I wondered what form the rotary valve gear moulding was. Is it a separate single plastic moulding?
It would appear to be ideal for my D49 Hunt project, the obvious two questions now being, do you still have it and do you want it? If not, I would love to take it off your hands!
Cheers,
Peter C.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Atlantic 3279 wrote:I'm surprised he hasn't posted this one on here himself, but to cheer you all up from Hattons gloom, here's another P2 being put through its paces. The video also shows the features and layout of Geoff's garden railway quite nicely. If the weather doesn't wreck my summer next year, I must pop over to play with his trains a bit more often.
Of course, he'll now have to build up a proper 1930s Aberdonian coaching set. He can't have that engine hauling LMS stock all of the time......

I can already hear his reply, it ends in "off".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q730N05yikI
Loveless mentioned in the text , O or OO gauge ? Lovely railway he must sort out those Coaches :D
Sniffer
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by Sniffer »

Expecting a further delivery by the end of the month, and we hope to fulfill your order then. :(

Not will, but "hope to".

Bit fed up of this now.
Re-open the Leeds Northern northwards !
teaky
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by teaky »

With apologies to and sympathy for those who are still waiting.

My main range P2 has now arrived. I have to confess to feelings of childish excitement since receiving the "shipped" email yesterday to opening the box today!

Cracking model. All seems to be in order but will need to be properly inspected later and some power supplied to spin the wheels.

I am pleasantly surprised at how good the solid cab handrails look. I'd already written these off as something to be replaced. This may well still happen but they're a lot better than I expected.