P2 update

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Danby Wiske
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Re: P2 update

Post by Danby Wiske »

richard wrote:received another email from Hattons: now expected "Nov/Dec".
No year specified? :lol:
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 60800 »

After all of this, I've had to cancel my P2 to save money for the J15 or K1, which ever comes first. The joys of paying for a brand new car...

In other words, Hattons should have one spare from their allocation if anyone is still looking
36C - Based out of 50H and 36F
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Never seen this type of part offered before

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-X6665- ... 4d249ffccd

Handy if you drop the Loco etc
Saint Johnstoun
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Saint Johnstoun »

Interesting - as the whole front end is a separate assembly does that mean that they had already planned for 2002? Or if I was planning to do 2002 now I would be tempted to get one of these and deal with it!
teaky
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by teaky »

It is intriguing isn't it. That and the sloping weight inside suggest a Bugatti nose was considered. However, I'm sure Atlantic said the weight wasn't the correct shape. (Darned if I can find the post/thread where he said that though.) Perhaps it was designed in prior to discovering just how much variation there was in such a small class of locomotives!
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

I think I was the one who said that, although with some work I have now found you can get the profile to fit (just) over the weight as delivered...

2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by 2002EarlMarischal »

I hope that you will consider producing some resin bodies/body sections off your creation Simon? If Graeme can do it with a V2.....
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

Depends how successful I am but yes, I will make them available if the quality is up to scratch.
teaky
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by teaky »

[quote="S.A.C. Martin"]I think I was the one who said that, although with some work I have now found you can get the profile to fit (just) over the weight as delivered...

Ah, sorry Simon.

I like what you've done so far. Already looking like another good 'un.
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

No need to apologise. It's my misinformation! However I was working from drawings and in theory it didn't look like it would fit. Replacing the cylinders and valve gear aside, it looks as if the chassis is pretty much set up for the streamlined P2s by Hornby. The entire body shell and tender body shell aren't suitable for any of the later guises so that means new tooling for the streamlined sextet.

No doubt Hornby will bring their own out in years to come but I am enjoying making mine.
LNER4479
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by LNER4479 »

Just a short video of Mr Wealleans C0ck performing well on Grantham yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1BNHJh ... e=youtu.be

Mr King saw his C0ck and raised him a 2002, complete with wobbly bits. Not captured on camera but can vouch for its performance, even though not fully dressed at this stage. :lol:
(recreating pre-war Grantham in model form http://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9076.
Forthcoming exhibition appearances: Newcastle (Nov 2023); York (Easter 2024); Bristol (May 2024)
nzpaul
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by nzpaul »

I've had to wait a while to be able to contribute anything useful to the P2 discussion (useful to someone I hope, absolute dribble to others I'm sure), but finally I have all my ducks in a row. As a long time dcc user I've found the P2 a little frustrating, the space provided for a decoder is quite small, and although there are warnings about the fact published on various forums I thought I'd be Mr Clevercloggs and fit a decoder in that I already had. After sizing up various decoders from my stock box, I found that to fit any of them in I'd have to remove the plug and existing wiring and permanently fit a decoder into the slot provided, or dangle the thing out in the firebox in company with the flywheel. I decided a better alternative would be to try a small direct fit decoder, so after a bit of research I've settled on one of Hatton's own branded versions. As the picture shows it's easily accommodated in the space provided. The decoder is rated at 1amp continuous, so plenty, as these slotcar motors rarely exceed 250ma of current draw unless you are trying to burn them out. I've set CV2 to 15 and start voltage to 10 which gives the 3 pole motor a bit of a shove to get started, just enough to get going without causing jerkiness. Acceleration set to 20 and deceleration set to 8 and I've found the performance is pretty good, it's never going to behave like a good A3 or A4 but then it hasn't been given the hardware to do so but it's certainly acceptable.

Cheers
Paul
Attachments
P2_1.jpg
James Harrison
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by James Harrison »

That well-known Liverpudlian boxshifter has had another delivery come in; I had an email this morning saying my order has been despatched :D

I can't wait.
2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by 2002EarlMarischal »

2002EarlMarischal wrote:
Atlantic 3279 wrote:My e-mail inbox this afternoon tells me that Hattons have now processed my order for the posh one, much to my relief. It was ordered early enough, AND based on recent experience I'd made sure they had updated credit card details. I was however wondering whether their silence so far indicated that Hornby had not favoured them with a delivery....

Price as originally agreed way back in December 2012. Marvellous model for less than a ton. What's to complain about?
I hope this is a favourable sign as my model was ordered on 17 December 2012 for the same price, and your surname is only marginally ahead of mine if alphabetical order is a factor!
Now totally p****d off with Hattons who have still made no delivery commitment despite knowing when I placed my order in December 2012. Some months ago they delivered a later pre-order and their useless system changed the date of my P2 order to the shipment date of the later one almost 12 months later!!

Whilst they say they will honour my pre-order at the £99 price, they appear reluctant to make any gesture to reprioritise my order. For all I know they've just tagged it on at the end!

If it wasn't for the price I'd be sourcing that, and the D16 and the K1 and the J15 etc etc elsewhere.

:evil:
AJ427
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by AJ427 »

2002EarlMarischal wrote:
Now totally p****d off with Hattons who have still made no delivery commitment despite knowing when I placed my order in December 2012. Some months ago they delivered a later pre-order and their useless system changed the date of my P2 order to the shipment date of the later one almost 12 months later!!

Whilst they say they will honour my pre-order at the £99 price, they appear reluctant to make any gesture to reprioritise my order. For all I know they've just tagged it on at the end!

If it wasn't for the price I'd be sourcing that, and the D16 and the K1 and the J15 etc etc elsewhere.

:evil:
Well they should have an extra one available as I gave up and cancelled my Hattons order and I got it from Locomotion instead. I'm not sure I'll bother pre-ordering anything again, especially from Hattons - what's the point?
AJ in Bradford

My Ivatt N1 3d printed models available here http://www.shapeways.com/shops/AJModels

My Great Hotton Blog (Bradford-Queensbury Lines 50s) https://ajmodels.wordpress.com/