Cock o' the North

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Tom F
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: Cock o' the North

Post by Tom F »

Hattons now say 7th July.
Tom Foster
Modelling the North Eastern Area of the LNER - 1935-1939
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

:?

It would seem that even the last information I had "from the horse's mouth" at Hornby has proved to be unreliable.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Colombo
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Colombo »

2750 wrote:Hattons now say 7th July.

Hattons also state that their allocation is sold out.

Colombo
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

While waiting for the model......

Tonight's "Inside Out" on BBC North at 7.30pm looks potentially interesting.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

Am poised ready, can not wait till the A1SLT Team day next month for a full update
Atlantic 3279 wrote:While waiting for the model......

Tonight's "Inside Out" on BBC North at 7.30pm looks potentially interesting.
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired
2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by 2002EarlMarischal »

What do you make of this chaps? :(

Dear customer
We have been informed by Hornby that unfortunately we will now no longer be able to fulfil your order for the Cock o’ the North due to them being unable to provide us with a sufficient quantity to cover all pre-orders already taken. As a result we have therefore no option other than to cancel the pre-order which you have placed for this item. In the interests of fairness this has been done in reverse order date.

We hope you appreciate that the matter is beyond our control and it is a situation that we are working closely with Hornby in order to improve for the benefit all our customers. We thought we would notify you as soon as possible to give you the best chance of finding an alternative supplier for the model.

Kindest regards,

Hatton’s Model Railways

I thought I had been pretty hot off the mark!
2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

I actually ordered COTN on 17 Dec 2012, along with the J11 which was delivered around 17 Feb 2014.

Hatton’s system then re-dated my order for COTN to that date in Feb 2014!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

They have admitted this is an error in their system, but I am awaiting confirmation that they will honour my original order date and therefore my place in the queue!! :evil:
2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

2002EarlMarischal wrote:I actually ordered COTN on 17 Dec 2012, along with the J11 which was delivered around 17 Feb 2014.

Hatton’s system then re-dated my order for COTN to that date in Feb 2014!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

They have admitted this is an error in their system, but I am awaiting confirmation that they will honour my original order date and therefore my place in the queue!! :evil:
Disappointed to say that I didn't receive the promised call from their retail manager this afternoon - maybe tomorrow! :(
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Oh, the joy of using a Sub Contractor !!!! :mrgreen:

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Kestrel »

I got that message as well. It seemed strange. Surely they didn't have that many orders.

I thought I was pretty hot off the mark with the order so it would be interesting to know just how many they will be getting.

I'd imagine any ideas of having a streamlined P2 are down the pan.
lnernut
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by lnernut »

They still appear to be taking pre-orders for it on their website. :shock:
Martin
Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Kestrel »

This replaces a previously posted message, hence the time difference.

COTN is on Hatton's website but after speaking to them just now (8:00am), it won't allow you to order one.

The girl I was speaking couldn't access how many had been ordered. nor could she say how many they were receiving, but they had been told by Hornby not to take any more orders.

The ones they receive, which are expected to be in July, will be given to the top x orders in the queue.

They will keep the list of orders they have now and go back to it if they are told by Hornby that they will receive more and work through it from the earliest order. You will be kept up to date via e-mail.

I ordered an R3207 by phone on 17/12/12, the day of release and missed out so I don't know how many were in front of me, something else she couldn't tell me.

So it's just a case of living in hope, save up and maybe watch ones being sold on e-bay for inflated prices.

Or you could try another retailer.

In between time, swoon over this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Railway-Engin ... 27d2ce022b

For those interested, Rails of Sheffield are still taking orders (£114.50 + £4 p&p) and haven't been told to stop. This apparently includes a recent price increase.
2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

Well as I didn't receive a call back from Hattons as promised, I decided to ring them again.

After an attempt to fob me off, I was grateful when their Retail Sales Manager Paul Hill came to the phone. Sadly he had not had time to investigate the matter though his colleague Darren had at least taken full details.

I am now promised a call back later today or tomorrow.

Quite why they can't say "our system has made an error, of course we will honour your order of 17 December 2012", I don't know - seems pretty b****y simple to me! :x
Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Kestrel »

2002EarlMarischal, I ordered mine on 17/12/12 as well but I, like you, must have ordered it after 'x' number of orders had been taken, and 'x' will receive the locos and you and I will have to wait or go elsewhere. Simple as that. Neither of us have a divine right to having one.
Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Horsetan »

2002EarlMarischal wrote:What do you make of this chaps? :(

Dear customer
We have been informed by Hornby that unfortunately we will now no longer be able to fulfil your order for the Cock o’ the North due to them being unable to provide us with a sufficient quantity to cover all pre-orders already taken. As a result ....
....there will be quite a few flogged on eBay at inflated prices.