P2 update

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: P2 update

Post by mick b »

60800 wrote:
Atlantic 3279 wrote:What's to complain about?
That my inbox is empty of Hattons mail :(
Ditto October 2013 order Whatta mistake to make :D
Tom F
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Tom F »

I've received no email, although I ordered about 12 months ago. Also didn't receive an email to say they couldn't full fill my order.
Tom Foster
Modelling the North Eastern Area of the LNER - 1935-1939
James Harrison
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by James Harrison »

Mine I ordered in June 2013.... which I believe was too late as all Hattons will tell me (on the 'my account' bit of the website) is that the allocation is sold out to preorders.
Tom F
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Tom F »

James Harrison wrote:Mine I ordered in June 2013.... which I believe was too late as all Hattons will tell me (on the 'my account' bit of the website) is that the allocation is sold out to preorders.
That's what mine says....but I thought that was inferring the current situation of the model, the fact we haven't had the 'sorry we can't fullfill your order email' I presumed it was still on pre order (it's shown as such on my account as being on preorder still).
Tom Foster
Modelling the North Eastern Area of the LNER - 1935-1939
James Harrison
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by James Harrison »

2750 wrote:
James Harrison wrote:Mine I ordered in June 2013.... which I believe was too late as all Hattons will tell me (on the 'my account' bit of the website) is that the allocation is sold out to preorders.
That's what mine says....but I thought that was inferring the current situation of the model, the fact we haven't had the 'sorry we can't fullfill your order email' I presumed it was still on pre order (it's shown as such on my account as being on preorder still).
Hope still then! :D I'll be checking my email with baited breath for the next few days...
Dunluce Castle
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by Dunluce Castle »

Dad had the P2 on order with hattons since it was first announced but still haven't received any emails about the arrival date etc... So I sent them an email asking if we still had one on order and they were very quick in replying and confirmed that we did pre order one and will be getting it soon, so just as a thought if your worried then give them a ring or email them, very helpful service.
Nelson
1̶6̶ 17 years old and modelling the LNER, LMS NCC and UTA (steam of course)
Woodcock29
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by Woodcock29 »

Gentlemen

Hattons have processed my order (made 17/12/12) in the last 12 hours or so and my main range P2 is now on the way to South Australia - hopefully it will be here in about a week. Also a local model shop nearby here in Adelaide has apparently two Railroad versions in stock so I'm going to call in shortly just to have a look at them!

Woodcock29
Bullhead
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Bullhead »

Mine arrived unexpectedly this afternoon.
So - did anyone dare tell Stephenson, "It's not Rocket science"?
LNER4479
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by LNER4479 »

Woodcock29 wrote: Hattons have processed my order (made 17/12/12) in the last 12 hours or so and my main range P2 is now on the way to South Australia - hopefully it will be here in about a week.
Woodcock29
It can wave at the place it was made as it flies over
:lol:
(recreating pre-war Grantham in model form http://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9076.
Forthcoming exhibition appearances: Newcastle (Nov 2023); York (Easter 2024); Bristol (May 2024)
AJ427
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by AJ427 »

Nice that some folk have got theirs from Hattons in this first batch. Sadly I'm not one of them as my July 2013 pre-order is apparently in the second batch which they expect "very shortly"...
AJ in Bradford

My Ivatt N1 3d printed models available here http://www.shapeways.com/shops/AJModels

My Great Hotton Blog (Bradford-Queensbury Lines 50s) https://ajmodels.wordpress.com/
Sniffer
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by Sniffer »

AJ427 wrote:Nice that some folk have got theirs from Hattons in this first batch. Sadly I'm not one of them as my July 2013 pre-order is apparently in the second batch which they expect "very shortly"...
Me too. :(

Mid October now seems likely from what I can gather.
Re-open the Leeds Northern northwards !
Quicksilver95
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by Quicksilver95 »

Has anyone put a decoder in one yet? Mine arrived today and there's precious little room to fit it in! :? Advice welcomed!
Quicksilver95
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by Quicksilver95 »

Quicksilver95 wrote:Has anyone put a decoder in one yet? Mine arrived today and there's precious little room to fit it in! :? Advice welcomed!
Problem solved! Squeezed it in the firebox. Must say I agree with the comments about it being tight. Nearly broke one of the motor contacts.
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

Well mine is a story of two halves...

I ordered late back in September '13 after seeing the WIP at Barrow Hill Live, I had an email about 6 weeks ago saying they where not going to be able to forfil my pre-order until maybe January 2015 due to issues with obtaining from Hornby, well I wasn't duly too bothered as I have plenty of modelling sat waiting to crack on with

Then yesterday morning I got an email from Jadlem Racing saying they had 5 in stock (they are not where my pre-order was with) so I ordered one (it was also cheaper with free p&p) and cancelled my pre-order. This morning the door bell went, it was the courier with the P2, so from payment to door was 25 hours, know that's what I call service

I have looked it over thoroughly, and put it away until I can give it a test run and then put it on the rolling road to bed it in, then I feel it might just take pride of place in my Cabernet

oOo

Brian
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired
Danby Wiske
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Danby Wiske »

Mercator II wrote:it might just take pride of place in my Cabernet
I've never heard of a running-in procedure using red wine before! Is this advised in the service sheet? :wink: