Simon's LNER Blog - ECML/West Riding 1946-49

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

S.A.C. Martin

Re: Simon's LNER Blog - ECML/West Riding 1946-49

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

They did, but not a lot. Can be done relatively easily in an afternoon. Tender to go into primer and then a light gloss black in due course. The gloss is for the transfers, weathering will be applied thereafter and it'll dull the sheen one suspects!
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

B3/3 chimney mods

I hope this will be a suitable improvement to everyone's liking…?
Woodcock29
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by Woodcock29 »

Simon

With that top to the chimney, once cleaned up, it should look much more like the prototype, which I do agree is not the same as a B1 chimney. Possibly its more like the chimney used on the B12/3s which was also shorter than a typical B1 chimney.

Woodcock29
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

Thank you kindly. I will clean it up and hopefully get it done and dusted this weekend. It has been hanging over me as a project for about three years now and it would be nice to add it into the "finished" pile finally!
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

[url=hhttp://www.britishrailwaystories.com/2014/10/d ... chess.html]City of Lancaster[/url]

Not LNER, I know, but showing another of those cheap magazine models, now motorised. All for less than £45. Who says budget modelling can't be fun?
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

LNER O6

And now for something completely different…

…two Midland locomotives in a row, there's no third I promise you! ;)