Much doodling at Earlswood

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Much doodling at Earlswood

Post by jwealleans »

I shall look forward to seeing it, Malcolm. I've had one in the pile for a long time. Nice looking little engine.
earlswood nob
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Much doodling at Earlswood

Post by earlswood nob »

Good morning all on a great day to become 79,

I really must get a new phone (or new camera) to take pics of my progress.
I am busy with a capital B, as my GF has inherited a retirement bungalow, which is in a total (inc a 3 acre lake) of 8 acres. I've never been a keen gardener, and it's become hard work and very time consuming keeping the garden under control.
I am currently reducing my stock of 0-6-0's in my roundtuit cupboard. I have recently built a hoard of white metal kits; 2 x J3, 2 x J11(ex BEC kits), J6, 2 x J21, and a J25. I have used a Comet 4F chassis kit for the ex-NE locos as it has the same wheelbase, and merely requires the ends trimming. I can polish off such a chassis in a morning, if I have parts readily available. A Mainly Trains J52 chassis suits the J3, and J6 has an etched chassis with the kit.
I'm planning to convert a NuCast J6 into a J2, which will be my next kit after a J27.
I'm off now to get ready for my birthday B-B-Q, ending with sharing a bottle of wine at the lakeside as the sun sets and reflects on the water.
Thanks to all Forum posters for improving my modelling techniques
Malcolm (Earlwood Nob)
PS I'm also being slowed as an old friend/drinking companion/golfing companion has taken over the old Station Hotel at Earlswood