Here are all the steam locomotive models I have had the opportunity to make so far.

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Re: Here are all the steam locomotive models I have had the opportunity to make so far.

Post by Horsetan »

Krynio2 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:09 pm I present a project that I have been working on for over two months.

The result is two 4-6-0 steam locomotives - a Class 9P four-cylinder express locomotive and a Class 8N mixed traffic locomotive.

I'll start with the 8N...
In 1918 they were introduced along with the similar Class O5, thus creating the first 8N no.416 with a cutaway cab, but a later batch had cabs with side windows. They looked attractive and had clean lines, were apparently free running and were excellent steam locomotives. They lasted until 1947 when, along with most GCR 4-6-0s, they were replaced by Thompson B1 4-6-0s.

Here is the main view of the model:

Here is another view of the model:

Class 9P...
Although not regarded as an outstanding success due to a tendency for high coal consumption probably due to the relatively small grate, 26 sq ft and more particularly short travel valves, they were in the right hands able to put in some good performances and as other Robinson designs were reliable, simple, robust and handsome. Some of the class were rebuilt with Caprotti valve gear in an attempt to overcome the weakness, but not 1165, which however, due to coal shortage was for 2 months in 1922 converted to burn oil.

Here is the main view of the model:

Here is another view of the model:

Greetings, Krynio
They do look very Gauge "O". Maybe it's the light.
strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Here are all the steam locomotive models I have had the opportunity to make so far.

Post by strang steel »

These images look really good. Thanks very much for sharing them.

I wonder what they would look like on a 3-D headset matched with a relevant scenic background? It might be almost as good as having a time machine.
John.

My spotting log website is at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/

And my spotters' b&w photo site is at http://spottinglogs.blog
Krynio2
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by Krynio2 »

Due to the good reception of the project, as a token of gratitude, I present another (second) installment of GCR class 1A (LNER B8).

However, before you go to view the renders, I would like to encourage you to comment on my work, if you have any questions feel free to write.

I know there may be queries about the program I make my models in, so this is Blender version 3.3.1.

I won't extend it any further, enjoy.

First render:
Second render:
Third render:

Greetings, Krynio
Krynio2

Post by Krynio2 »

Taking advantage of a moment of free time, completely without any planning, I decided to make this "humble" express locomotive called "Pom-Pom Bogie" by some due to its similarity to its twin 0-6-0 version "Pom-Poms".

Here are three renders of the model:

First render:
Second render:
Third render:

Greetings, Krynio
Krynio2

Post by Krynio2 »

As a test, I decided to paste no. 506 into the scene with the new lighting, I think it didn't come out tragically. I did an analogous situation with my 'Glenalmond' class.

Enjoy watching.

Render 1:
Render 2:
Render 3:
Render 4:

Regards,
Krynio
Jim de Griz
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by Jim de Griz »

Those are really good, making me wish I had the time, space and finances for my dream GCR project

Jim de Griz
Krynio2

Post by Krynio2 »

Introducing a new format. Namely, these will be reproductions of photographs. Special lighting has been used, which alludes to the photographs from those years. I strongly encourage you to give your opinion on the final result.

Original photograph: Gorton Locomotive Works (1918)

Own reproduction:

The source of the original photograph is: GCR Society collection, from a book entitled "An A to Z Guide to Great Central Railway Locomotives".

Regards,
Krynio
Krynio2

Post by Krynio2 »

Hi.
When I'm not posting, or when my regularity drops, I'm mostly busy making models of other steam locomotives from the big four. I'm completely unsure how a post like this will be received, so you can treat this post as a sort of "experiment". I ask for your understanding in advance, I am simply curious to hear the opinions of internet users regarding this post, as my portfolio is not limited to locomotives that are part of the LNER and its associated companies.

Enjoy, Krynio

First attachment:

Attachment two:

Greetings.
Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Horsetan »

Krynio2 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:34 pm Hi.
When I'm not posting, or when my regularity drops, I'm mostly busy making models of other steam locomotives from the big four. I'm completely unsure how a post like this will be received, so you can treat this post as a sort of "experiment". I ask for your understanding in advance, I am simply curious to hear the opinions of internet users regarding this post, as my portfolio is not limited to locomotives that are part of the LNER and its associated companies.....

First attachment:

I don't remember the LBSC "K" mogul having that many spokes in its driving wheels. Must dig the Mike Sharman wheel specs book out and have a look....
Krynio2

Post by Krynio2 »

I have decided to continue with a format related to sharing reproductions of various photographs related to the LNER and its associated companies. This time the choice fell on the GCR classic, the Atlantic Class 8B 4-4-2. I myself am not very experienced in making dioramas, so please bear with me. This format will be polished up soon.

Thank you for reading.
Regards

Original photo:

3D reproduction:
Krynio2

Post by Krynio2 »

This is probably the most beautiful GCR locomotive ever built...

I have no doubt...

^^^^^
Mixed - traffic black