Tornado rebuild

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: Tornado rebuild

Post by 60048 »

I am a big fan of the A1 Steam Trust, but I think they have lost their way a bit with the sad loss of David Elliott, and Mark Allatt leaving the ranks there doesnt seem to be the right leadership from those at the top these days. Unfortunately, the lack of the Aberdonian is a clear example of that, over promising and under-delivering.

A friend of mine work with the railway press and apparently they were advised earlier this year of an ETCS day at the GCR Loughborough with Network Rail and the A1 Trust officials explaining how they have fitted ETCS, the challenges and showing what they have done. This was then cancelled three days before because the loco would not be ready. Given that the Tornado didnt move to the GCR until 24th May, one wonders who on earth in the trust thought the loco would ever be ready for a media day on 18th April.

Given that the SRPS fleet of coaches is also now on an operating agreement with LSL once its CDL fitted, I do wonder if we will see A1SLT Aberdonian trips again ... or will they be LSL operated with Blue Peter? I cannot see Vintage Trains taking ECS stock to Scotland for a trip and then bringing it back, its an expensive ECS working.

Richie
Rich

Interested in all LNER (the original, not modern one!) pre-grouping, pre-Nationalisation and under BR)