LNER Locomotive Drawings

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

swhite01
NER J27 0-6-0

Re: LNER Locomotive Drawings

Post by swhite01 »

I am hoping the following link will send you to the NRM York listing of Doncaster locomotive drawings.
The list contains piece part, assembly and General Arrangement (GA) drawings held by the NRM. It is a pdf list but a quick search using B1 as the search requirement listed over 1500 hits.... on looking this includes other classes B10, B11 etc so I will take some time to go through the listing but should give you a good idea of prime sources. Section P and Q generally include locomotive GAs. Section R covers Tenders.
I hope the link works ... if not a search on the NRM website looking at Catalogues.

https://www.railwaymuseum.org.uk/sites/ ... 202020.pdf

Steve
www.gnrsociety.com
MikeF
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by MikeF »

Saint Johnstoun wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:52 pm What detail do you require and if modelling what scale do you want to do so?B1.doc
Hi, and thank you for the reply.

My plan is to build a 10 1/4 scale (i beleive this works out to approx 1:5.3) running loco.
MikeF
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by MikeF »

swhite01 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:56 pm I am hoping the following link will send you to the NRM York listing of Doncaster locomotive drawings.
The list contains piece part, assembly and General Arrangement (GA) drawings held by the NRM. It is a pdf list but a quick search using B1 as the search requirement listed over 1500 hits.... on looking this includes other classes B10, B11 etc so I will take some time to go through the listing but should give you a good idea of prime sources. Section P and Q generally include locomotive GAs. Section R covers Tenders.
I hope the link works ... if not a search on the NRM website looking at Catalogues.

https://www.railwaymuseum.org.uk/sites/ ... 202020.pdf

Steve
www.gnrsociety.com
Wow thanks so much! this is a gold mine of infomation but it is a little overwheliming!
GWRSwindon
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by GWRSwindon »

Does anyone have access to drawings of the Great Central "Fish Engines," LNER class B5? I live in the United States, so currently unable to go to the NRM myself
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

For model engineering, or simpler model making?
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
GWRSwindon
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by GWRSwindon »

Atlantic 3279 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:07 am For model engineering, or simpler model making?
Simpler model making would do nicely.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

If you want drawings showing front, side and rear, plus plan view, then the Isinglass drawing range that Mick suggests is a good bet. If you plough your way through the website to find 4mm scale drawings 474 & 475 you’ll see a choice of B5 versions / periods. I don’t have those particular drawings. If a side elevation only, for a B5 loco in original GCR condition with low slung boiler is all that you need, then there’s one in a book of GCR Robinson loco drawings, “The Harmonious Blacksmith - Robinson”, a Stephenson Locomotive Society publication from some years ago. I have that book, and the other drawings and the text in it are also useful of course. If you can’t get the Isinglass drawings or that book, and you only want the side view of the loco in original condition, I may be able to send you a copy.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
billbedford
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by billbedford »

There is a side elevation and half plan on this page: https://www.railwayarchive.org.uk/engine-drawings
Bill Bedford
Mousa Models
http://www.mousa-models.co.uk
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Indeed there is Bill - even if the plan is misleadingly accompanied by a photographic image that appears to be of the later Immingham, or GCR 8F / LNER B4 class.

I should have thought about that site too. I'm well enough aware of it, after all...